Prior to joining Dr. Binmoeller’s Interventional Endoscopy Medical Group at the Paul May & Frank Stein Interventional Endoscopy Center located at Sutter Health California Pacific Medical Center, Dr. Rabindra R. Watson was on faculty at UCLA’s Ronald Reagan Medical Center.
Dr. Rabindra R. Watson has more than 11 years of experience in gastroenterology. He attended medical school at the University of California, Davis, did his residency at the University of California, San Francisco (Internal Medicine) and his fellowships at the University of California, San Francisco (Gastroenterology), Massachusetts General Hospital (Interventional Endoscopy), and Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Interventional Endoscopy).
Dr. Rabindra R. Watson is the Director of the San Francisco Weight Loss Institute branch of Interventional Endoscopy Services Medical Group. His focus is on nonsurgical treatments for obesity and metabolic disease, including Endoscopic Bariatric Revision procedures and the Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG) procedure.
Gastroenterologist San Francisco: Areas of Skill
Dr. Rabindra R. Watson specializes in the following areas:
- Advanced therapeutic endoscopy
- Argon plasma coagulation
- Barrett’s ablation
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Biliary disease
- Biliopancreatic endoscopy
- Celiac ganglion block
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Clinical trials and research
- Colon cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Colorectal neoplasia
- Complex interventional endoscopy
- Complex interventional endoscopy conditions
- Complex interventional endoscopy procedures
- Confocal endomicroscopy
- Deep enteroscopy
- Double-balloon enteroscopy
- Early gastrointestinal cancers
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic stenting
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Endoscopy services
- Esophageal and gastric variceal therapy
- Esophageal disease
- Esophageal varices
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Gallbladder diseases
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- GERD treatment
- Hepatobiliary intervention
- Interventional endoscopists’ procedures
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatic diseases
- Pancreatobiliary care
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy (POEM)
- Pneumatic dilation
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Variceal ligation
- Dr. Watson received his M.D. from UC Davis, graduating with honors
- He completed his residency in internal medicine and fellowship in gastroenterology at UCSF
- Dr. Watson then completed additional fellowship training in advanced endoscopy and bariatric endoscopy under the mentorship of Dr. Chris Thompson at the Harvard Hospitals (Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital)
- Prior to serving as Director of Bariatric Endoscopy at CPMC, Dr. Watson was the director of advanced endoscopy training and an Assistant Professor of Medicine at UCLA
The Use of the Overstitch for Bariatric Weight Loss. Watson RR.Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am.
Endoscopic devices and techniques for the management of bariatric surgical adverse events (with videos). Schulman AR*, Watson RR*, Abu Dayyeh BK, Bhutani MS, Chandrasekhara V, Jirapinyo P, Krishnan K, Kumta NA, Melson J, Pannala R, Parsi MA, Trikudanathan G, Trindade AJ, Maple JT, Lichtenstein DR. Gastrointest Endosc.
Endoscopic full-thickness suturing plus argon plasma mucosal coagulation versus argon plasma mucosal coagulation alone for weight regain after gastric bypass: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Jaruvongvanich V, Vantanasiri K, Laoveeravat P, Matar RH, Vargas EJ, Maselli DB, Alkhatry M, Fayad L, Kumbhari V, Fittipaldi-Fernandez RJ, Hollenbach M, Watson RR, Gustavo de Quadros L, Galvao Neto M, Aepli P, Staudenmann D, Brunaldi VO, Storm AC, Martin JA, Gomez V, Abu Dayyeh BK. Gastrointest Endosc.
Endoscopic Bariatric Therapies. Goyal D, Watson RR. Curr Gastroenterol Rep.
EUS-guided transgastric upper GI series for the evaluation of the defunctionalized stomach after gastric bypass. Watson RR, Braver JM, Thompson CC.Gastrointest Endosc.
Use of a novel endoscopic suturing device to treat recalcitrant marginal ulceration (with video). Jirapinyo P, Watson RR, Thompson CC. Gastrointest Endosc.
Biliary and pancreatic lithotripsy devices. ASGE Technology Committee, Watson RR, Parsi MA, Aslanian HR, Goodman AJ, Lichtenstein DR, Melson J, Navaneethan U, Pannala R, Sethi A, Sullivan SA, Thosani NC, Trikudanathan G, Trindade AJ, Maple JT. VideoGIE
Endoscopic ultrasound-guided gastroenterostomy versus open surgical gastrojejunostomy: clinical outcomes and cost effectiveness analysis. Kouanda A, Binmoeller K, Hamerski C, Nett A, Bernabe J, Watson R. Surg Endosc
Artificial intelligence in gastrointestinal endoscopy. Pannala R, Krishnan K, Melson J, Parsi MA, Schulman AR, Sullivan S, Trikudanathan G, Trindade AJ, Watson RR, Maple JT, Lichtenstein DR. VideoGIE.
Thiruvengadam NR, Hamerski C, Nett A, Bhat Y, Shah J, Bernabe J, Kane S, Binmoeller K, Watson RR. EndoscopyYield and performance characteristics of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration for diagnosing upper GI tract stromal tumors. Watson RR, Binmoeller KF, Hamerski CM, Shergill AK, Shaw RE, Jaffee IM, Stewart L, Shah JN. Dig Dis Sci.