- Purchase at the pharmacy: Two (2) Fleets Phospho-soda enemas. You do not need a prescription.
- Five days prior to the procedure: Stop taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs. (Advil, Motrin, Naprosyn, etc.)
- On the day of the procedure: DO NOT DRINK OR EAT ANYTHING for (4) hours before the procedure. You may take necessary medications with a few sips of water. conscious sedation. If you think you may require sedation, please bring someone with you to drive you home, and do not eat solid food for 6 hours before your procedure.
- Use one (1) Fleets enema as directed on bottle one (1) hour before you need to leave your house to arrive at California Pacific for your procedure.
Bring the second Fleets enema with you as you will use it 30 minutes before your procedure.
- Most patients tolerate these procedures without conscious sedation. If there is any reason you think you may require sedation, please discuss this with the nurse. Bring someone with you to drive you home.