Please inform us:
- if you are on Coumadin, Plavix, or other blood thinners.
- if you have had a barium X-ray or CT scan in the past 2-3 days
- if there is any chance you might be pregnant.
- Please STOP taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs (such as Advil, Motrin, Naprosyn, etc.) 5 days prior to your ERCP procedure
- If you are a diabetic, please notify our office at 415-600-1151 and our R.N. will discuss your morning diabetes medications with you. Check your finger stick glucose before leaving home and notify the nurse of the result upon arrival to the endoscopy suite. Bring your blood glucose meter with you.
- If your procedure is before 12 noon, have no solid food after midnight the night before your procedure.
- If your appointment is after 12 noon, you may have a light (low fat, low fiber) breakfast at least 6 hours before your procedure, then no solid food.
- You may have clear liquids until 4 hours before your procedure, then have nothing at all by mouth.
- You must bring a driver or arrange transportation home after your procedure. Driving is not permitted for at least 12 hours, due to drowsiness and delayed reflexes from the IV medication. You should also not conduct any business or sign any legal documents until the next day.